Sunday, February 24, 2013

A note about Traylor

Let me just tell you something.
Moving to another country with your spouse pushes your marriage to a whole new level. Being in Korea has been one of the most challenging times of our lives, and probably our marriage. I remember countless conversations about moving to Korea with Traylor before we came. How I wanted to envision what our life would look like here and how we could go through life in another country. Being here has grown my love for this man in ways I can't even count. Both of us are pretty independent beings, and we both wondered what it would be like to being together every second of the day. If I'm honest, I don't know how I would have made it through this year had it been any other way.

In ways I am weak, Traylor is a strong leader. I'm easily swayed by emotions and circumstances. Traylor's best advice ever is "Give God 24 hours." I can't tell you how many times I've freaked out about something, and he patiently and lovingly reminds me that God is always in control. If I just wait, I'll see His faithfulness.

I've needed a strong reminder of that advice lately. It's not a cop-out for him to say those words to me. His love for the Lord is real and a strong encouragement to me. He's the real deal, and even though he's not a perfect human being, he sure does want to live his life so that God will get the glory. I'm thankful for the leader he has grown to being since being in Korea.

I love the little ways that he loves me. I love when he comes into my classroom during break time to check on me and play with my kids. They love him just as much as I do.

There is nothing more tender than watching these kids at our school nestle into his lap. He is so gentle with them, although he definitely likes to pick on them and share jokes. It gives me such joy to watch what a good teacher he is and what a good father he will be to our future children.

Why am I writing all of this? I don't know why I feel so mushy-gushy, but he's been such a blessing to me--especially recently.

Love you my sweet. Thanks for loving me.

In another note, and another example of Traylor reminding me to give God time to work things out...if you could pray for us this week in regards to some visa issues I'm having. I'm trying to come home next week and I need my visit to the immigration office to go smoothly on Thursday. Everything should work out fine, but your prayers are greatly appreciated.






1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    I found your blog! Your post is such a blessing! This speaks of God so much! God bless you and Traylor and continue to shine the light of His love through the two of you together. Thanks for being a sweetheart!

    Love in Christ,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete