Sunday, March 4, 2012

"You'll learn."

Since Traylor did an incredible job of telling you in detail about our life here--i'll just add a few random things and a few pics we've taken. My friends Jessica and Laci and I coined the phrase "You'll learn" (said with a condescending tone :)) whenever one of us does something that we'll eventually learn not to do; or when we are learning new things. I feel like I am in a constant state of "You'll learn" here. Few examples:

These people hooked up to IVs walking around. Apparently if you go to the doctor's office for the common cold, they'll hook you up to an IV and let you leave. I guess you just check it out for a few hours? This is something I've seen MANY times, so it is not just a random event. Here's a pic I secretly snapped of this little lad in the restaurant with his IV. 


I mentioned before that many of the parks have work out equipment. Here is the arm machine I've used a few times on my run. (see my Facebook for pics of the stationary bike, too!)


It has been fun learning all of these new things with Traylor. What a blessing to do this together. As Traylor noted, we have really great co-workers who have been awesome at showing us around. We went to Busan yesterday (huge coastal city) and experienced some of the shopping districts and the gorgeous beaches. I'll definitely be hitting up the beach every weekend in the summer. Here are a few shots from our day exploring Busan: 










We've officially started teaching, so that's both a "you"ll learn" experience and a very fun and exciting time for us. Last week was their graduation (since the new school year starts at the beginning of March). The kids are really great. My new youngins can't speak any English, but I know it will come quickly! Here are a few pics from graduation. We love you guys and miss you dearly! Make sure you scroll down for Traylor's post : )





3 comments:

  1. i LOVE those pictures. ok, IV guy is too much (esp. since you say they are everywhere!) have people been gawking at you? just seeing you on the beach with your striking blonde hair, i feel like people have had to just been making a fuss over you! love you, han.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahhhh ultimate!!! Should be interesting...as I have only played once in my life. ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures, great apartment, terrific descriptive blogs. I think "you'll" both "learn" so much and am so excited for you. One of the things I love is the randonmness of life and the constant appreciation that people are people, no matter where they may be located. You are so blessed, and I envy you!

    ReplyDelete